2016 Uniform — FAQ
A must read for all families — especially those new to the College this year.
Sports Uniform Update
New sports uniform items are now in stock.
The following items are available for purchase at the DLS Uniform Shop and also at Dobsons in Hawthorn:
- Navy sports shorts (RRP $38.99) — please see next heading for details
- Navy tracksuit pants (RRP $59.99)
- House polo top (RRP $36.95). House colours are:
- St Austin’s — Yellow
- St Edwin’s — Green
- St Leo’s — Blue
- St Mark’s — Red
The navy sports polo implemented in 2014 is available at $49.99.
Sports Short Shortage
Due to an unprecedented number of orders of sports shorts in size ‘Large’ (L), both the DLS Uniform Shop and Dobsons Hawthorn have run out of this size. A new order has been placed and will arrive in late Term 1. The following arrangements are in place in the meantime:
- NEW students, including all Year 7 students, who are unable to purchase their correct size will be allowed to wear black or navy sports shorts for both P.E. classes and ACC sport during Term 1, or until otherwise notified. Please note that shorts should be mostly blue or black but may have a logo or small amount of another colour. We also remind families that, weather dependent, students may wear their tracksuit pants for sport and P.E.
- RETURNING students who are unable to purchase their correct size will be allowed to wear their old royal blue sports shorts for Term 1, or until otherwise notified.
All other sizes apart from L are still in stock and we encourage all families to visit the Uniform Shop or Dobsons Hawthorn for a fitting. Pre-orders for L sports shorts can be taken.
In 2016, all students in Years 4, 7 and 10 are required to wear the full set of navy uniform items, which includes the sports polo, sports shorts, tracksuit pants, rugby jumper and spray jacket. As detailed above, provisions will be made during Term 1 for students who are unable to purchase sports shorts in the correct size.
Please click here for the full Uniform phase in phase out plan. By 2017 all students are required to wear the full navy sports uniform.
All students must have their House polo before the athletics carnival on Friday 4 March. We encourage all families to purchase this item as early as possible to ensure your son/s have it for this day.
For any enquiries please email email@example.com. Uniform Shop opening hours are available here.